Are you a hunter and strategic thinker with a knack for capturing business insights and an ability to articulate them with executive level contacts? Do you understand the “cloud”? Do you have experience in solving real problems by implementing creative solutions? If so, we should talk!
We are seeking a key individual to join our team and contribute to our company’s continued success. PowerHouse Data Centre Group is a nimble and dynamic company that prides itself on implementing well-designed data centre solutions that enable IT service delivery within our client’s business. We require an individual capable of identifying and selling end-to-end solutions for our enterprise clientele, across many verticals.
PowerHouse Data Centre Group is a specialized data centre design, and build organization, with an experienced and impassioned staff, each with years of experience providing detailed assessments, design, infrastructure, assembly, and education to our clients. Our approach to data centres is to think in terms of "designing an ecosystem". A successful design encompasses everything an ecosystem requires to be healthy and balanced. Critical in this endeavor is balancing each of the variables, by understanding their impacts, and influencing successful outcomes.
If you have the experience and feel you meet our criteria, please submit your resume, including a cover letter, via the link on our "Join Us" page, or email to: We thank you for your interest in joining PowerHouse Data Centre Group, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The PowerHouse Data Centre Group Account Executive will be responsible for the market development and growth of profitable new business, in conjunction with building and maintaining effective client relationships in the marketplace. The position encompasses Calgary and Southern Alberta, some travel will be required. The Account Executive will work independently, however will receive support from the VP of Sales & Business Development. This position will ensure PowerHouse growth through directing and aligning sales activities to ensure client solutions are delivered in accordance with the company strategy.
- Earn and maintain a position as our clients’ “trusted advisor” by building long-term relationships.
- Enable PowerHouse clients to receive long term business value via implementation of PowerHouse data centre designs, products and services.
- Hunt and drive profitable business clientele, working in partnership with inside sales team supporting the Account Executive.
- Provide in-depth client roadmaps and account strategies; and work collaboratively to uncover new sales opportunities.
- Meet/exceed PowerHouse sales and profitability targets.
- Create and deliver client facing presentations, business reviews, strategic documents, proposals, RFP submissions, statements of work and quotes as required.
- Maintain and advance partnerships with manufacturer sales representatives to uncover and work cooperatively on sales opportunities.
- Liaise with VP of Sales & Business Development regarding opportunities and challenges in the market.
- Develop and implement personal sales business plan, including development of action plans to prospect in the market.
- Attend and participate in weekly team sales meetings.
- Manage individual expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics.
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Sales professional with proven track record and demonstrated ability to build/maintain strong relationships with clients and vendors.
- Detail-oriented, ability to think independently, creatively, and critically.
- Strong multi-tasking ability, organization skills, team-oriented work ethic.
- Strong negotiation skills to confidently and aggressively seek profitable business.
- Entrepreneurial minded and self-managed by objectives.
- Knowledge of mission critical / data centre facilities, cloud, edge compute, telecommunications preferred.
- Demonstrated experience involving technical solutions preferred
- Proficient use of computer tools: CRM (Promys), Outlook, Excel, Word and other.
- Able to work independently as well as within a team environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, with minimum of 5 years direct, field-based technology solutions sales experience and /or 3 years of industry experience in a business development and/or direct quota driven sales role.
- Deep understanding of relevant technologies such as Data Centre, Unified Communications, IOT, Cloud, Security etc.
- Preference given to candidates with mission critical experience and understanding.