PowerHouse Data Centre Group Inc. is looking for a full-time Summer Intern/Co-op Student for a Data Centre Engineering position in Calgary, starting at the beginning of May and finishing at the end of August, 2019. This person must be returning to full time university or college in September 2019, and must hold a permanent address in the province of Alberta. The ideal candidate would be a 3rd or 4th year Electrical Engineering student, and would also have Technical School training or relative work experience. The ideal candidate would have knowledge of, or a keen interest in, the data centre / IT sector. The successful candidate will have the chance to learn from an industry-leading team that has a vast wealth of expertise and experience. This is an excellent opportunity for a student that has a thirst for multi-discipline engineering knowledge and is entrepreneurial minded in nature. PowerHouse Data Centre Group Inc. is a data centre design and build specialty organization, with an experienced and impassioned staff, each with years of experience providing detailed assessments, design, infrastructure, assembly, and education to our clients.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Work with professional engineers on creating design documentation.
- Provide administrative support to the delivery team including requirements gathering, prioritization, documentation and analysis of key data.
Participate in field activities like site visits, inspections, safety meetings, etc.
Support project engineers and area managers with projects and daily workload.
Assist in collecting, analyzing and reporting on data.
Build and deliver presentations.
Participate in client meetings, prepare meeting minutes and deliverables; may include some project management activities.
Create / update professional practice documentation, data flow diagrams, and business processes aligning to delivery activities.
Participate in TCO exercises with internal team, prepare documentation to support.
Desired Skill and Experience
- Must be a current student returning to full time schooling at a University or College
- Must possess a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Require proactive thinking, anticipating events and matters requiring attention and then following through to ensure timely resolution.
- Well organized with attention to detail, high degree of accuracy and the ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities and tight deadlines in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to understand and align business units to a common goal
- Strong computer abilities (CAD, MS Office, Visio)
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Ability to work effectively within a dynamic team environment
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical components within the data centre would be an asset
- Knowledge of optical switching technologies, optical layer specifics, would be an asset
- Enrollment in an Electrical Engineering program preferred
- Valid Driver's License an asset.
We have a unique view.
We believe that applying the right information technologies will help companies manage their growth. Getting the details right, in the design and build of the data centre that supports those technologies, requires collaborating with a data centre company that thinks differently and cares deeply about looking after their customers. This is the approach that PowerHouse Data Centre Group takes in designing enterprise level data centres, which are responsible for maintaining business critical information technology system; the places where “the cloud” lives.
Our collective passion as a team is for integrating all of the engineering disciplines involved. We blend this together to transition everyone’s concern for what is the right concept to build, into an approachable and easy to comprehend design concept for each data centre. A design that everyone gets and is fully committing to seeing built. Once focused, we work together, navigating everyone through the difficult waters of strong opinions and misunderstandings. The essence of collaboration. This is work we love to do.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at PowerHouse Data Centre Group will be based on merit, qualifications, and the needs of the organization. PowerHouse Data Centre Group does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, medical conditions, family care status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law. PowerHouse Data Centre Group will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the extent required by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If you believe yourself to be a qualified applicant and would enjoy working with the PowerHouse team, please submit your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; Attn: HR Department. Wage to be decided upon candidate experience. We thank you for your submittal; only suitable candidates can expect to be contacted for interview prior to March 22nd.