PowerHouse Data Centre Group Inc. is looking for a full-time Summer Intern/Co-op Student for the role of Data Analytics student in Calgary, starting at the beginning of May and finishing at the end of August 2019. This person must be returning to full time university or college in September 2019, and must hold a permanent address in the province of Alberta. The ideal candidate would be a 3rd or 4th year Engineering or Computer Science major and would have working knowledge, or a keen interest, in the data centre / IT sector. They will have the chance to learn from an industry-leading team that has a vast wealth of expertise in designing, building, operating and retrofitting data centres. This is an excellent opportunity for a student that has a thirst for knowledge and would like to be a key individual in helping to grow the “PowerHouse brand”. PowerHouse Data Centre Group Inc. is a data centre design and build specialty organization, with an experienced and impassioned staff, with years of experience providing detailed assessments, design, infrastructure, assembly, and education to our clients.
Key Job Responsibilities
- The student will assist in the area of collecting, analyzing, and reporting on operational data from various sources throughout the company.
- The position will involve critical analysis, subject matter expertise, and expert judgement.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders and external parties to design data pipelines, statistical analytic models and self-service business intelligence tools and dashboards.
- Provide technical expertise and strategic advice to inform decisions relating to data and analytic capabilities across the organization
- Findings will be provided to management in the form of analysis and strategic recommendations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must be a current student returning to full time schooling at a University or College and hold a permanent address in the province of Alberta.
- Minimum 2 years of training or experience in data analysis and business process improvement with a knowledge of statistical modeling
- Experience in data management, data governance and data analytics as well as a broad knowledge of related emerging technologies Keen knowledge of cloud/data centre practices across the IT value chain
- Understanding of real time information, communications and operational technologies including SCADA, HMI, PLC and Process Historians
- Proven experience in business intelligence tools (example PowerBI, Spotfire) and programming languages (example SQL, Hive, R, Python, etc.)
- This individual will possess leadership skills with the ability to develop effective relationships and collaborate with all levels and functions of the business
- A team player who is results orientated and whose communication style and personal style fosters an atmosphere of high performance, and team work
- Must possess a strong work ethic.
- Well organized with attention to detail, high degree of accuracy and the ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently, yet have the ability to work effectively within a dynamic team environment.
We have a unique view.
We believe that applying the right information technologies will help companies manage their growth. Getting the details right in the design and build of the data centre that supports those technologies requires collaborating with a data centre company that thinks differently and cares deeply about looking after their customers. This is the approach that PowerHouse Data Centre Group takes in designing enterprise level data centres; those which are responsible for maintaining business critical information technology system; the places where “the cloud” lives.
Our collective passion as a team is for integrating all of the engineering disciplines involved. We blend this together to transition everyone’s concern for what is the right concept to build, into an approachable and easy to comprehend design concept for each data centre. A design that everyone gets and is fully committing to seeing built. Once focused, we work together, navigating everyone through the difficult waters of strong opinions and misunderstandings. The essence of collaboration. This is work we love to do.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at PowerHouse Data Centre Group will be based on merit, qualifications, and the needs of the organization. PowerHouse Data Centre Group does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, medical conditions, family care status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law. PowerHouse Data Centre Group will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the extent required by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.