PowerHouse Data Centre Group Inc. is looking for a full-time Summer Intern/Co-op Student for the role of Business Administrative Assistant in Calgary, starting at the beginning of May and finishing at the end of August, 2019. This person must be returning to full time university or college in September 2019, and must hold a permanent address in the province of Alberta. The ideal candidate would be a 3rd or 4th year Commerce or Business major and would have industry experience, or a keen interest, in the data centre/IT sector. The successful candidate will have the chance to learn from an industry-leading team that has a vast wealth of expertise in designing, building, and retrofitting data centres. This is an excellent opportunity for a student that has a thirst for knowledge and is entrepreneurial minded in nature, to work directly supporting the leaders of a successful business. PowerHouse Data Centre Group Inc. is a data centre design and build specialty organization, with an experienced and impassioned staff, with years of experience providing detailed assessments, design, infrastructure, assembly, and education to our clients.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the Sales & Operations teams including requirements gathering, prioritization, documentation and analysis of key data.
- Create sales estimates supporting the entire sales team.
- Oversee service contracts and service renewals by creating renewal and tracking documentation.
- Create and document data flow diagrams and business processes aligning sales to delivery activities.
- Project coordination, site coordination, and/or deliveries coordination as directed.
- Work with our PSA Software, Promys, supporting the CRM, quoting, and project management process
- Marketing support, finalizing of marketing material, contribution to organization’s social media presence.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must be a current student returning to full time schooling at a University or College, and hold a permanent address in the province of Alberta.
- Must possess a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Require proactive thinking, anticipating events and matters requiring attention and following through to ensure timely resolution.
- Well organized with attention to detail, high degree of accuracy, and the ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities and tight deadlines in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to understand and align business units to a common goal
- Exceptional capability with MS Office products, (XL, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint,)
- Experience with CRM, QuickBooks, and database programs would be an asset.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Ability to work effectively within a dynamic team environment
- Enrollment in a Commerce or Business /IT program preferred
We have a unique view.
We believe that applying the right information technologies will help companies manage their growth. Getting the details right in the design and build of the data centre that supports those technologies requires collaborating with a data centre company that thinks differently and cares deeply about looking after their customers. This is the approach that PowerHouse Data Centre Group takes in designing enterprise level data centres; centres which are responsible for maintaining business critical information technology system; the places where “the cloud” lives.
Our collective passion as a team is for integrating all of the engineering disciplines involved. We blend this together to transition everyone’s concern for what is the right concept to build, into an approachable and easy to comprehend design concept for each data centre. A design that everyone gets and is fully committing to seeing built. Once focused, we work together, navigating everyone through the difficult waters of strong opinions and misunderstandings. The essence of collaboration. This is work we love to do.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at PowerHouse Data Centre Group will be based on merit, qualifications, and the needs of the organization. PowerHouse Data Centre Group does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, medical conditions, family care status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law. PowerHouse Data Centre Group will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the extent required by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If you believe yourself to be a qualified applicant and would enjoy working with the PowerHouse team, please submit your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; Attn: HR Department. Wage to be decided upon candidate experience. We thank you for your submittal; only suitable candidates can expect to be contacted for interview prior to March 22nd.